Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week 4 (Week 16)

So, week 4...week 4...Ahh, so this week was an in-depth look at hips and how they operate, hosted by the one and only Bobby Beck! The interesting thing is that most all movements begin at the hips and then travel out to the rest of the body for the motion. So it is very important to get a good hold on hips as it will dictate the overall movement and positioning of the character.

(Thank you sooo much Bobby!)

With the assignment, we were to finish polishing our shot and then move into reference for the next shot. I added more of a stomp to the end as Ballie regains his balance and comes forward, but, as always, could use more work. Also, Morgan suggested that I add some sort of turn around to look at his close shave. I added one, but it feels very linear and needs more breakdowns in it to smooth out the motion.

Also, with the new assignment, we were given a new character, Stewie! This is a more complete character, with legs, torso and a head, but NO arms yet. This is for the better as we can get a better hold of just getting down how to use his essential controls for a physical performance. We were also given a new set of choices for a shot from a pick list. I read through them and they were all pretty interesting and good. But as I came to the bottom, the last one read "Parkour". Instantaneously, my brain went "DING" like brownies were ready and my eyes lit up. Parkour is awesome, so given the chance to animate some would be that much more sweet! So we had to get reference and as I can undoubtedly do none of the death defying moves that they do, I resorted to my good friend Youtube to compile the shot.


Next shot:







No comments:

Post a Comment